Friday, February 22, 2013

MOON FLOWERS BY LEADA WOOD, CONTEMPORARY TEXAS ARTIST

 




MOON FLOWERS BY LEADA WOOD©
www.leadawood.com     www.leadawood.com/blog

This one has been a long time in the finishing stage...thought it was done and then did a lot more to it and finally I think it is done!

My mom and grandmother always had moon flowers, ever since I can remember. They only bloom at night and sometimes when it is a cloudy morning they stay in bloom. I don't know why I have never planted them, maybe it is because I know they are poisonous and there are too many little flower pickers around our place. I think I may consider planting them at a distance where the flower pickers or llamas can't get to them. I am ready for spring!

This painting is 22x28 transparent watercolor and is available.

3 comments:

Kay Smith said...

It is gorgeous, Leada! I love those datura blossoms, too, as did Georgia O'Keeffe, but have never painted them. You put a lot of thought into this beauty.

Carole Berry said...

I will give tou an A on this one. Just beautiful.
Carole 8-)It

Linda Rupard said...

This is very nice Leada. I love it.
Linda