Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Walton Watermedia Workshop Experience


Mixed Media by Leada Wood ©

Well hooray! I finally have internet after nearly three weeks! So I thought I would share my painting from the Walton Experience. This one was taken from a photograph that was non representational. I put texture on the paper first and let it dry and then in 20 minutes I laid down a lot of paint so much that Douglas came by and grabbed my spray water bottle and put down about a 1/4 inch of water on top of the paint and told me to leave it alone while he did his demo. When I came back wonderful magic had happened! This is the end result. I guess sometimes I spend way too much time on a painting and work it to death. I enjoyed the workshop so much! It was a wonderful bunch of women and a fantastic time painting! The week passed too quickly as usual but I learned so much in that short time. Douglas is a wonderful instructor and we are so lucky to have him come to Big Spring every year.


4 comments:

Linda Rupard said...

Wow Leada it's magic. It has a glow to it. I bet all the time of the demo you were worrying about all that water on your painting? Needs to go on Mixed Media site too.
Linda

Leada Wood said...

What me worry!! I knew it would either be magic or collage material!

Kay Smith said...

A really stunning piece, Leada!!! I can just see it with a fuchsia inner mat and a black outer mat and black wide wood frame.

That is really the only way to look at it and not be full of fear as it is just a piece of paper that will either work or end up as fodder for the next one. Or the next one...

Leada Wood said...

Now I know how to frame this one, it will be stunning like that!
Yeah I kinda got over the fear of white paper a long time ago! HA!